Personal identification information:
We may collect personal identification information from Users in various ways, including when they visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and engage in other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for their name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. Users may visit our Site anonymously. We collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always decline to provide personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
By sharing your information with "Why Not Charleston," you are opting-in to receive updates by mail, phone, or electronic communication.
Photo and Video Disclaimer:
Filming and taping of attendees may occur at "Why Not Charleston" events or services to be used in "Why Not Charleston" communications.
Non-personal identification information:
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about Users' means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized, and other similar information.
Web browser cookies:
How we use collected information:
"Why Not Charleston" may collect and use Users' personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service for that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To share your information with third parties: We may share or sell information with third parties for marketing or other purposes.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include organization news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the User may contact us via our Site.
All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties. This includes affiliate or business partners; the opt-in is not transferable to another party involved in their process.
How we protect your information:
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happen over an SSL secured communication channel and are encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information:
We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers,
Your Acceptance of These Terms:
By using this Site, you indicate your acceptance of this policy and the terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please refrain from using our Site. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of changes to this policy will be considered as your acceptance of those changes.